Charlotte's Web Literature Notebooking Unit
Do you love to use literature as the basis of your homeschool curricula? Are you looking for cross curricula learning and activities to go along with a great kids' book?
The Charlotte's Web Literature Notebooking Unit was created for your homeschool!
I love to use real literature in our homeschool. I personally love lapbooking, but my kids aren't always so thrilled with it. Because of this, I've begun to use notebooking more and more in our homeschool. Notebooking allows the kids a hands on way of expressing what they're learning without the craft aspect of lapbooking- which is what my kids didn't like so much.
I found, however, that when I wanted to use notebooking with a great book we were using in our homeschool, that I often had to use generic notebooking pages or create my own. Out of this was born the idea for a Literature Notebooking Unit. And I've completed the first unit in this series- Charlotte's Web.
The 120-page Charlotte's Web Literature Notebooking Unit Includes:
- Explanations for how to use the material
- A suggested daily schedule
- A required and suggested resource list
- Narration pages for every chapter of the book
- Vocabulary words
- Science, history, and language arts activities
- Activities for every chapter of the book
- Notebooking pages that correspond with the chapter activities- over 50 notebooking pages!
- A set of "book report" pages for a summary of the book
- Blank notebooking pages for additional writing
If you want to extend the learning beyond one of your favorite books, this "Charlotte's Web" study is an excellent place to start! It's a thorough unit study with a great literature connection. The lessons and schedule are well laid-out and make things easy on homeschool moms to enrich the reading experience. Sara @ EmbracingDestinyblog.com